Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 11:01:06 +0100
Op 06-12-10 22:20, Anton Aylward schreef:
Oddball said the following on 12/06/2010 01:24 PM:

So, i will have to expand that partition, or shrink another and mount
the freecoming part on my /home.
Is this possible?: to mount an extra partition behind /home?

Sure, why not?

I have:

/home/anton/Documents
/home/anton/Downloads
/home/anton/.thunderbird
/home/anton/Media

All my filesystems except root are resiser so they can easily be shrunk
or grown on the LVM substrate. Over the past few years I've gown or
split-and-shrunk what's under /home/anton quite a number of times.
No big deal.

But its no big deal because I decided to use LVM and reiser.
If you didn't do that then you may have a lot of work ahead of you to do
what takes me just a few minutes and is low risk.

Yeah, reiser i used until the prison, and supporting of ext3 and 4.
LVM i never got. And to create it with an already in use system is
impossible, you have to start over from scratch..
Unfortunately it seems to be impossible to build a partitioning tool
that can write and carry out batch files, like partionmagic....than
there would be no troubles at all...The partitioner just has to perform
the tasks before startup, before mount...but helas..nobody seems to be
able to build one...

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (M9.) (Now or never...)