Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 16:20:36 -0500
Oddball said the following on 12/06/2010 01:24 PM:

So, i will have to expand that partition, or shrink another and mount
the freecoming part on my /home.
Is this possible?: to mount an extra partition behind /home?

Sure, why not?

I have:

/home/anton/Documents
/home/anton/Downloads
/home/anton/.thunderbird
/home/anton/Media

All my filesystems except root are resiser so they can easily be shrunk
or grown on the LVM substrate. Over the past few years I've gown or
split-and-shrunk what's under /home/anton quite a number of times.
No big deal.

But its no big deal because I decided to use LVM and reiser.
If you didn't do that then you may have a lot of work ahead of you to do
what takes me just a few minutes and is low risk.

--
“Quality is such an attractive banner that sometimes we think we can get
away with just waving it, without doing the hard work necessary to