Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: dwgallien <dwgallien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:21:54 -0500
Op 06-12-10 17:47, Anton Aylward schreef:

Is this possible?: to mount an extra partition behind /home?

Sure. I'm not positive whether there might be issues splitting KDE, but should
not be a problem with separate applications in your list like mozilla and
googleearth. There are different ways to do this. Off the top of my head, one
method to group the applications on a single separate partition, would be to
mount it (in fstab) to a mount point under /mnt (e.g., "/mnt/applications")
adding directories for each application (e.g., "mozilla"), and then symlink
these under /home/user using the exact name and directory location the
application expects. That way for example when Firefox installs/updates/writes
to /home/user/.mozilla, it will actually be using your partition under
/mnt/applications/mozilla. This is just one way to do it.