Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 09:09:11 -0500
Holger Hetterich said the following on 12/06/2010 08:43 AM:

I'd also check to see if your 'mount' operations are hiding files.
For example, a mount of a /tmp/ file system - which is normally a good
thing for various reasons, may hide temporary files created in the boot
sequence (or for some other reason) before the /tmp/ was mounted.

I've set delete TMP dirs on boot in sysconfig, cleaning up my temp dir
from time to time.

Yes, but that wasn't what I was talking about.

EVERY mounted file system _could_ be hiding files or directories, not
just /tmp/

And Hey, don't let the boarder guards know ;-)

--
Information is the currency of democracy.
--Thomas Jefferson