[opensuse] kde 4.5.4 - most system settings dialogs windows don't fit the contents - any headway.
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 00:57:00 -0600
Guys/kde4 devs,

What is the story with the initial size of the dialog windows that pop
up for
just about everything in system settings? (power management, etc..) The biggest
problem/annoyance I see is the contents don't fit in the initial window size and
I'm forever forced to stretch, pull and resize the system settings dialog
windows just to see all the contents. I could see one or two stragglers that
haven't been worked yet, but we are talking 50%+. This is on the old standard
1280x1024 res.

How are the initial windows being sized? Anybody working on this? I
just did a
full fresh install on my son's computer and went through all the settings
getting him set up. Appearance wise, most everything looks great. But going
through all the setup dialogs -- one thing really struck me -- nothing fits in
the initial window/dialog size that pop up after you press a button in system
settings :(

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC