Re: [opensuse] USB Broadband dongal routing
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 21:57:39 +0100
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 21:48, Peter Nikolic wrote:
After fafing around and getting  my Vodafone dongal working using the vodafone
mobile connect software   off the Betavine site

I have not been able to get a route out the thing connects no problem almost
instantly but cant get a route  if i use the wirless card  it is all ok    how
does one setup routing for these things that use the  ppp system   i can never
get my head around this .. any help please   someone has got to have the
answer  ..

I found with mine (using the software from the Beatvine site), I had
to explicitly disable my WiFi _before_ I plugged in the UMTS stick and
ran the Mobile Connect software. If I left WiFi enabled but not
"connected" to the WiFi router, the OS would simply ignore the
Vodafone connection even though it was "live" and connected to the 3G
network.

C.