Re: [opensuse] printing from firefox - unable to change page size??
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:52:47 -0500
On 09/30/2010 01:34 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-28-10 09:25]:
Dylan wrote:

On Tuesday 28 Sep 2010, Per Jessen wrote:
firefox 3.6.8, opensuse 11.3 - when printing form firefox, the
options for changing paper size and orientation are greyed out?

You need to use the "page setup" dialog first

If it's not the one I get after I hit Ctrl-P in FF, how do I get to
it?

FireFox menu-bar "File" -> "page setup"
drop-down menu

Thanks!

Looks like the same applies to gimp, thunderbird, presumably others
too - is there a way of setting this globally? Having to set the
default papersize in every application individually does not seem very
clever - did I pick something wrong at installation time?

Better guess this time. The question is why these dialogs are not respecting
/etc/papersize:

15:51 alchemy:~/dev/prg/ccpp/src-c/prj/test> cat /etc/papersize
letter

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC