Re: [opensuse] Fwd: [Mw] Gmail accounts
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:58:28 -0400
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-29-10 14:45]:
On Wednesday, 2010-09-29 at 14:02 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

OR: use another smtp account with your gmail address. I have been doing
this since I got my first gmail address in September 04.

Unfortunately, none of the smtp servers I use accepts any "from"
address that is not theirs - except precisely gmail.

Ah! The trick would be to have two gmail accounts and post from the other :-)

Or host your own server, but on dynamic addresses that brings a host of
other problems. Of course, with postfix you can designate the smtp based
on destination address :^). I do not know whether opensuse.org accepts
list mail from dynamic addresses.