Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice.org forked....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:35:09 +0200
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 10:08 -0400, Mike McMullin wrote:

Would your IT department prefer one vendor or two for support? Our
IT
guys will not roll out FireFox to the desktops because we "cannot get
a support contract" for it, even though IE keeps crashing at startup.
I figure that many IT departments in SMB are probably in the same
mindset, keep the support simple even if it means paying more than
you have to.

Not just SMB. We are a 9000+ employee company.

I run an SMB - I think SMBs are far more flexible and nimble than the
big massive companies. The latter have people employed only to
determine policy.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.0°C)