Re: [opensuse] Errors in firewall
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:57:16 -0400
Carlos E. R. said the following on 09/27/2010 09:23 AM:

What kind of error could that be? Is the firewal blocking outgoing
packets, or simply reporting some kind of error?

Would it be possible to track the application responsible? I think it is
Thunderbird for the 143 port (213.4.149.65). The other, to port 80, no
idea.

My guess is this:

Thunderbird has a message that is that evil thing HTML Mail and has an
embedded image which is is trying to retrieve.

I have that functionality disabled except or sites that I consider
"safe". YMMV.

Why it might be accessing yet another IMAP port I don;t know, unless you
have a configuration error.

Does "netstat -p" show anything?

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will
do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.