Re: [opensuse] latest kernel update breaks ATI binary driver
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 00:30:40 +0200
On Friday 24 September 2010, jsa wrote:
I can't speak to all cards, but in my case their driver does not exist
for my Mobility Radeon x1400 card any more and I had to use their
package to built RPMs and then install those for the last several
versions of opensuse.

Well, this wouldn't affect the prebuilt package's ability to install

See this ARchives thread of yesterday:

I can't go to AMD and download anything.
masterpatricko site, quoted in above archive message works for 2.6.33
but not 34.

The module you built for the pre-update kernel should work with the latest
kernel as well. Just copy over the module.

If it doesn't, you'll have to apply the patch from ATI

Anders