Re: [opensuse] Now That Novell is seling the Linux Division...
  • From: DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 07:44:09 +0200
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 21/09/10 22:00, Carlos E. R. escribió:

If you do know
something, you can not tell. And if you say something, people may thing
that you say whatever because you know.

Rest assured, we know as much as you or whatever other person that reads
the news, and in the _very_ unlikely case we happend to get more info,
cannot tell :-P

The best thing we can do is stop speculating and wait from an statement
from the board or other authoritative source.

your opinion is wait and see, mine is the very best thing we (this
open source Community) can do is make some reasonable, preliminary and
coordinated plans on what steps might be taken to mitigate potential
obstacles to continuation without corporate sponsorship; for example:

1. save/backup to a non-Novell sponsored location every one and zero
which makes up the current state, and following incremental snaps of
a. wiki (old and new)
b. mail lists archives
c. ML address db
d. forums message db
e. forums membership ID/address db
f. all other data, text, artwork, etc etc etc at opensuse.org
g. all at opensuse-community.org
h. other ??

2. establish a non-corporate, on-line "rally point" where members,
contributors, volunteers, ambassadors, enthusiast, users and
interested others can reconnect if (in the worst case) all Community
communications links suddenly go dark/silent, and stay that way..

3. other ??

DenverD