Re: [opensuse] question regarding virtual desktops (KDE)
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:26:44 -0400
Oliver Kullmann said the following on 09/21/2010 07:06 PM:
More precisely, I actually didn't install the ATI/Radeon drivers
myself, but our technicians did that.

LOL

First with Suse 11.2, downloaded from the ATI homepage (incompatible
with the broadcom driver, so switched to 11.3).
Second time with 11.3, now just the Yast package (crashed).
Since I didn't do it myself, I cannot really explain more.
Next time I'll attempt it myself.

Accountability is useful.

It's for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450.

As I suggested, jut delete (or rename) /etc/X11/xorg.conf
and reboot. The basic radeon driver will give you all those useful
ways to presenting windows and screens that have been discussed.

The xorg.conf, or more likely the specific entries in the directory
/etc/X11/xorg.con.d/ are there to suplement or override. You no longer
need to define your whole coniguration. The xorg driver has the smarts
and pretty good smarts they are as far as the radeon family goes.

--
System Integrity Revisited
Rebecca T. Mercuri and Peter G. Neumann