Re: [opensuse] question regarding virtual desktops (KDE)
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 18:35:47 -0400
Oliver Kullmann said the following on 09/21/2010 06:14 PM:

Currently I can't use the desktop effects (ATI driver not working), but
hopefully at some
point I can try it out.

Which "ATI Driver"?
What hardware?

I've got all the desktop effects discussed here working on my Presario
laptop with the 'radeon' driver.

Maybe you should just remove /etc/X11/xorg.conf and let the X driver
figure things out for itself. That's what I did and I got good results.
Stop trying to second-guess the software. It has the experience of
experts embedded. There are also a lot of experts here, I've found,
when I have the humility to listen to them :-)

--
The chief forms of beauty are order and symmetry and definiteness, which
the mathematical sciences demonstrate in a special degree.