Re: [opensuse] question regarding virtual desktops (KDE)
  • From: Oliver Kullmann <O.Kullmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 21:49:41 +0100
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 07:30:16PM +0200, C wrote:
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 17:34, Oliver Kullmann wrote:
Especially given that the touchpad of my new laptop seems to be
hyper-sensitive!
A minimum distance of 10cm seems to be required to make sure that not
suddenly
"things" happen.

Both KDE4 and Gnome provide quite useful touchpad config utils. The
KDE4 one at least allows you to do things like set it so the touchpad
is switched off while you're typing, and turn back on a second or two
(adjustable) after you stop typing. It's a nice compromise with those
hyper sensitive touchpads.

Interesting; I'm now trying it, but actually only 0.6s delay (although I'm
using for example XEmacs, I'm using also quite often the mouse); let's see
how that feels.

Thanks!

Oliver