Re: [opensuse] Problem with mount via device notifier
  • From: jsa <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:37:22 -0700
On 09/18/2010 08:02 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
When I mount a USB stick via the device notifier, I can't edit or change
attributes of any file.

I seem to own the file and directory and have owner write permission,
according to LS.

Not only can I not modify the file, but I can't chmod or chow/chgrp it
as root either.

The entry in the mount table reads

/dev/sdb1 on /media/STORIES type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,uid=501,utf8,shortname=mixed,flush)

Do I need some kind of magic in fstab or some hal entry?

Also why are the mount options in parentheses? I've not seen
that before.

--
Explain again the part about rm -rf /