Re: [opensuse] Hey! spamassassin says I'm a spammer!
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:13:23 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Obviously, I am on a dynamic IP, so what? I'm not sending directly. I
am indeed using postfix, but I am sending as an authenticated user of
gmail, same as if sending from Thunderbird or any other client.

I think that's the point, isn't it? Thunderbird or other client doesn't
include a step in the message. The first host receiving the message has
a static IP and is potentially a well-known ISP's SMTP server. The first
host receiving your message is an unknown host with dynamic IP. Which
could well be a common case for spammers.

The rule is confusing this.

Depends what fraction of spam matches that criterion.

Can you cause postfix not to record its presence?

Cheers, Dave