Re: [opensuse] How to copy a file to my printer?
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:31:03 -0400
On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 18:45 +0700, C. Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
I still have some files with embedded printer instructions from dos.
In dos I would copy that file to "lpt1" or "prn" and the printout would be
processed. What would be the command in openSUSE?

Print these via the CUPs queue like any other jobs but specify the
mime-type via options.

-o document-format=application/vnd.cups-raw

This will inform CUPS to pass the job through without filtering. Note
that you may have to enable raw jobs in CUPS (it may be disabled by
default). To do so, as I recall, put a line for
"application/octet-stream" in /etc/cups/mime.types. Perhaps there is an
option for this in Yast2? I don't know, all our print servers are
CentOS.
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>