2 shockwave flash plugins 9.0 & 10.2 - howto fix ( was Re: [opensuse] Adobe Releases 64-bit Linux Flashplugin at AdobeLabs)
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:10:31 -0500
On 09/16/2010 03:41 PM, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Hi,

Am 16.09.2010 21:41, schrieb phanisvara das:
On Friday, September 17, 2010 00:51:50 David C. Rankin wrote:
I have an issue with an older flash install that keeps flash from working
with FF. Works perfect with Opera. The file I think is the problem is:

/usr/lib64/browser-plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so

which I believe is an old ndiswrapper libflashplayer install. Can I just
move/delete it to get flash working in mozilla working again?

I've removed the package nspluginwrapper completely for now. It's
actually only useful for Flash and not needed with a native 64bit plugin.

if you're using the new 64-bit flashplayer, you shouldn't need any ndiswrapper
stuff. i just renamed everything related and copied the new player into
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/.

Where it's copied is not really important once you know what is
installed where. RPM packages place the stuff under
/usr/$LIB/browser-plugins by convention. Since some Mozilla versions
there is also /usr/$LIB/mozilla/plugins which is always scanned for plugins.

Wolfgang

Phani, Wolfgang, All,

I think I may have found the real problem with my flash install on FF 3.6.9. Looking at add-ons -> plugins, I somehow have 2 shockwave flash players installed (screenshot of plugins page below):

[120k]
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/img/ss/moz/ff-plugins-swflash.jpg

The screenshot shows both:

Shockwave Flash 10.2 d161 (the new one)
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r100 (the one causing problems)

If I disable the old 9.0 r100 flash just quits completely (yep, I restarted FF after disabling it).

Where does this thing hide and how can I remove it?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC