Re: [opensuse] This guy _really_ likes kde 4.5
  • From: phanisvara das <phani00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 23:09:38 +0530
On Thursday, September 16, 2010 22:38:14 David C. Rankin wrote:
Your lucky phani. All kernels from head through 2.6.35 worked great, the
2.6.36rc kernels have given my laptop fits. I haven't tried rc4 yet (no
time to debug right now). I'll give it a try tomorrow after work and see
if I can sort out the boot issues I saw in rc1-rc2.

depends a lot on hardware & configuration i guess. in the beginning i had
trouble
compiling nvidia, but one nice person (philipp thomas, i think) provided a
patch
for the driver at that time. isn't required anymore (for me).

and of course i'm lucky, considering the million things that can go wrong in a
system like this, using HEAD repo to boot...

--
phani.