Re: [opensuse] openSuSE to be sold to Vmware?
  • From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 01:49:32 -0700
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:17 AM, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But thankfully they couldn't even afford the UNIX copyrights when they
had money. Now they can't even afford notebooks.

Still. I'd rather have someone like IBM buy it than Vmware.
IBM has a vested interest in SUSE. They kicked in a large chunk of change
when Novell bought SUSE in the first place to assure access for some of their
smaller hardware.

I'm not sure why VMware would want to won any distro. They have spent
years being Distro agnostic, and even OS agnostic.

Would the relationship of having OpenSuse be a testing community for
SLES/SLED continue?