Re: [opensuse] What happened to the opensuse.ca.unixheads.org mirror?
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:51:40 -0400
On 09/15/2010 01:46 PM, David C. Rankin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 09/15/2010 01:47 AM, Will Stephenson wrote:
So who wants to help us get more US mirrors set up?

Will

If I knew any institutional guys, I'd be glad to beg for space and
bandwidth. Unfortunately, I don't and I doubt my home 33K up would help :p

You guys that work for companies that have excess bandwidth, it never
hurts to approach the decision makers and propose a mirror. Especially
if the company relies on openSuSE in anyway - they would have their very
own mirror - or however you can think of to approach the issue. Worse
they can say is - No.

How much space is needed? Some hosting companies tout 150GB and
unlimited bandwidth for around $5.00 a month and unlimited space at $7.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998