Re: [opensuse] This guy _really_ likes kde 4.5
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 13:36:59 -0500

You don't have to wait for 11.4, it's available for 11.3 and is easy to
install. See [1] for simple instructions.

[1] http://omgsuse.com/content/how-upgrade-kde-45

John Perry

Randall Schulz

I agree, just do the upgrade now, instead of waiting.

4.5.1 is pretty slick. (Although it STILL decided to create a
whole bunch of extra Activities for no obvious reason).

Everything pretty much works.

Yep, I posted a while back on 4.5.1. We are seeing some real improvement in interface usability -- just go change the wallpaper in 4.5.1 and you will see some real steps in the right direction.

However, just keep an eye out for a dbus issue that brings dolphin to its knees.

<quote>
Dolphin literally stop working for short periods when you interact
with files (mouse over, click, right click). It's a total freeze of the
application and it can take anywhere from 15-20 seconds to respond again.
</quote>

This should be fixed soon if it isn't fixed already.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC