[opensuse] is there a tool to reduce image dimension by removing empty spaces?
  • From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:59:32 +0800
Hello. Is there a tool existing that can reduce image dimension by
removing empty spaces?

Attached to this email post are two images, one original, the other I
want it reduce to.

the "Zealous Crop" feature in gimp would not work up to the expectation
because it reduces either the space in the whole column or not. Consider
the case in my original picture, to reduce the width, in the first row
of buttons, the space before/after "Help" and before/after "Quit" should
be removed, in the second row, the space before/after "Manual Page"
should be removed, but these spaces to be removed do not overlap in some
places, thus a Zealous Crop would be successful in removing all the
space before "Help", after "Quit", and some space before/after "Manual
Page", but won't be able to effectively remove the space after "Help"
and before "Quit".

Is there already such an software tool that can do what I want?

Thanks in advance!
Zhang Weiwu

P.S. I know posting with image attachment is not welcome on mailing list
but in this case both images together are less than 1kilobyte, thus
keeping it somewhere on the web look more troublesome than just to
attach them.
< Previous Next >