Re: [opensuse] 11.2 GNOME-KDE4.5 on same system
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 12:29:50 -0300
On Mon 06 Sep 2010 at 12:21:03 (-0300 UTC) Michael S. Dunsaavage wrote:

On 9/6/2010 11:09 AM, Marco Calistri wrote:
Hello all,

Wonder if are there any chances to dist-upgrade KDE4.5 onto a openSUSE
11.2 x86_64 system, where GNOME is also installed as DE.

I ask this, since by attempting to dist-upgrade to KDE4.5 with zypper
dup, it resolved into a request of changing the arch for big list of
GNOME stuff (from x86_64 to i586).

TKS,

You're doing a dup. Okay, what if you try disabling the 4.4 repos and
activate 4.5 repos and then just do a zypper *up* ? That shouldn't
effect Gnome unless there's a Gnome upgrade. dup will try to change
vendor and arch, up should not.

Hi,

I had never configured/enabled KDE4.4 on my system.
If I do a zypper up, then I see many new KDE4.5 available updates that
went no installed due different vendor policy.

Why GNOME is so massively involved into the "dist-upgrade" when we are
talking of KDE?

Cheers,

--
Marco Calistri <amdturion>
Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty. Always