Re: [opensuse] no window decorations for KDE4 kmix
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 13:42:22 -0400
C said the following on 09/05/2010 02:56 AM:
On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 03:57, Anton Aylward wrote:
Now I don't see what the right click > show mixer window
option is good for at all. What is the purpose of putting
that thing at the left upper corner after clicking in the
right lower corner? What is it good for?

Well if you worked in Perl you'd know that "there's more than one way of
doing things".

I trust you have this in your system tray and that's where you are right
clicking it. Have you tried left clicking it?

As far as I can see, if you

... Right click it appears on the top left
and Left click it appears on the bottom right

And something is either broken, or... When you left-click the mixer
icon, the small popup should show up immediately above the mixer icon
in the systray. When you right click the mixer icon, you should get
the context menu for the mixer application.

Well .... yes.
Perhaps I should have said...

Right click [gives you the option that lets] it appears on the top left
(via the menu entry 'show mixer window) ...

And that my systray is at the bottom right ...

In either case the mixer popup should not be showing up in the top
left of the screen... that's the "wrong" place on the OPs desktop.

On my KDE4.5.1 install it shows up lower right... always. I've seen,
in past releases of KDE, the Mixer popup showing up at random places,
usually top left.... but not anymore.

I have 4.5.1 and its consistent about appearing at the top left just
like the OP showed.

--
God give me strength to face a fact though it slay me.
Thomas H. Huxley