Re: [opensuse] sharing printer to OS X - can't get to work
  • From: HG <hg.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:31:28 +0300
Hi!

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 2:08 AM, Frans de Boer <frans@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I can't make you happy but I had the same problem of connection
from OSX - using WiFi - to the cups server. Luckily I use a networked
printer (HP CP1515n) and connected directly from OSX to that. Why I
can't connect to the cups server - set everything open, no FW etc - is
beyond my understanding. Maybe something specific to OSX? [must be true,
since Apple is the biggest monopolist now :) ].

I know... but I'm still not sure as CUPS is developed by Apple. So in
that sense, I'm kind of open for this being a problem on linux side.
But I guess that nobody here knows how to help, so I need to find some
good Apple forum that would be a little open minded about other
operating systems.

--
HG.