Re: [opensuse] USB not working in VBox
  • From: Oszkó Albert <oszko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:32:40 +0200
Dear All,

Recently I have installed Win 7 Enterprise Edition in Sun's VirtualBox, but cannot get USB to work. In Settings/USB devices it correctly states that it is a Kingston Data Traveller, but this line is greyed out. Down at the status bar after pulling the cursor over the USB stick icon a popup says that there is no USB devices plugged.

Are there further settings needed or what did I miss?

Thanks,
OszkoA
Thanks for all of you for the help. Now VirtualBox 3.2.6 (PUEL version, of course) works fine with USB support.
The clue was to tweak /etc/fstab. The host is OS 11.2 the guest is Win 7 Enterprise.

OszkoA
begin:vcard
fn:Dr. Albert Oszko
org:Dept. of Physical Chemistry and Material Science
adr:;;Aradi vertanuk tere 1.;Szeged;;6720;Hungary
email;internet:oszko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:assistant professor
tel;work:06 62 544 116
tel;fax:06 62 546 482