Re: [opensuse] USB not working in VBox
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 08:17:12 -0400
On 07/08/2010 04:55 AM, Oszkó Albert pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Dear All,

Recently I have installed Win 7 Enterprise Edition in Sun's VirtualBox,
but cannot get USB to work. In Settings/USB devices it correctly states
that it is a Kingston Data Traveller, but this line is greyed out. Down
at the status bar after pulling the cursor over the USB stick icon a
popup says that there is no USB devices plugged.

Are there further settings needed or what did I miss?

Thanks,
OszkoA

Which version of VirtualBox do you have installed? The OSE version does
not support USB devices.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998