Re: [opensuse] CAD Recommendation?
  • From: Peter Ragosch <peter.ragosch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:34:42 +0200
Am Tue, 06 Jul 2010 13:32:52 -0400
schrieb Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 19:06 +0200, Peter Ragosch wrote:
Am Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:43:05 -0700
schrieb "A.S." <asailer@xxxxxxx>:
Can anyone recommend a Linux CAD program for someone with a
little AutoCAD experience?
What's about QCad Community Edition from RibbonSoft?
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad_downloads.html
or FreeCAD
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/free-cad/index.php?title=Main_Page
FreeCAD is a general purpose Open Source 3D CAD/MCAD/CAx/CAE/PLM
modeler, aimed directly at mechanical engineering and product design

Are these *recommendations* [you've used the apps in question, beyond
casually?] or merely suggestions to investigate? Because I am
interested in a viable CAD package, but when I've looked in the past
(including the two above), there is no way I'd want to put someone
with billable hours in front of either of them. Perhaps they have
improved?

Hi Adam,

the to hints were meant as serious recommendations to give them a test,
but you are right it's depend on what you are looking for.

In general I guess that no user will find himself in a comfortable
position while he is forced to use not his beloved app.

If you are looking for commercial CAD alternatives I can't make any
suggestion.

Kind regards
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen