Re: [opensuse] Portals for 11.1, 11.2, 11.3
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:52:17 +0200
On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 22:27 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
On Tuesday 06 July 2010 01:15:40 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

OOC, how is 11.2 different from Distribution?

Distribution portal should talk about distro in general, not about particular
release.

We started with idea to have current release introduced in
Portal:Distribution, but then where we are going to present factory and old
and still supported releases. Ditto, Portal:Distibution was re-purposed as
master and each release and factory got their own portals.

I think there should be a Portal page (sans the :xxx) that explains how
all the Portal:xxx pages play together. After all, anyone who is at the
Portal:xxx stage of finding things is probably new, and an explanation
of how the Portal:xxx pages work together must be useful.

Also, as you move to the different Portal:xxx pages, the menu of other
Portal pages on the sides change in a not-so-very-useful (to me anyway)
way. I did not note any logic to it. Other Portal:xxx pages came and
went. So you could get to other Portal pages sometimes from the links on
the right, and sometimes only by navigating back to some other page that
had the Portal link you want.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST