Re: [opensuse] installed packages list
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 01:47:48 -0400
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 1:36 AM, Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Hans de Faber <hans.defaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Goodmorning,

How can I get a list of al installed packages and versionnumbers ?

Sommething like  $ zypper -? -? > packlist.txt

thanks, Hans

You can do the old way

rpm -qa  >> packlist.txt

openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.

With Zypper you can do

zypper search -i --or-- zypper search --installed-only

But the problem is unlike rpm -qa, it has to do a repository update
can take a bit of time. It is nice that you can see what is a
package and what is a patch see below my example

i | yast2-samba-server |
yast2-samba-server: Fix LDAP configuration
| patch
i | yast2-scanner | YaST2 -
Scanner Configuration
| package
i | yast2-security | YaST2 -
Security Configuration
| package
i | yast2-slp | YaST2 -
SLP Agent and Browser
| package

But you are wanting to just get a list of package that have been
install then use rpm -qa it give you a better list

yast2-storage-lib-2.17.61-2.1
yast2-sudo-2.17.2-1.2
yast2-sysconfig-2.17.0-1.145
yast2-tftp-server-2.17.1-1.28