Re: [opensuse] Linux friendly 802.11n Wireless Access Point
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 16:04:22 -0400
* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [07-06-10 14:37]:
Alex wrote:

Could somebody please recommend, based on the personal experience, any
stand alone (No router/firewall, No DSL/Cable modem)
plain 802.11n Wireless Access Point which works flawlessly with Linux
and doesn't cost an arm and leg.

We have been using a Netgear WG602 for a couple of years now. It works
very well with our own openSUSE 10.2 laptops as well my wifes corporate
laptop.

I use a Netgear WGT624 v3 at home but have installed several Belkin
routers and usb dongles at other locations with good results. The
Belkins are cheaper and have linux support and their dongles work. Do
not expect to use a usb dongle from Netgear.