Re: [opensuse] CAD Recommendation?
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 13:32:52 -0400
On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 19:06 +0200, Peter Ragosch wrote:
Am Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:43:05 -0700
schrieb "A.S." <asailer@xxxxxxx>:
Can anyone recommend a Linux CAD program for someone with a little
AutoCAD experience?
What's about QCad Community Edition from RibbonSoft?
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad_downloads.html
or FreeCAD
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/free-cad/index.php?title=Main_Page
FreeCAD is a general purpose Open Source 3D CAD/MCAD/CAx/CAE/PLM
modeler, aimed directly at mechanical engineering and product design

Are these *recommendations* [you've used the apps in question, beyond
casually?] or merely suggestions to investigate? Because I am
interested in a viable CAD package, but when I've looked in the past
(including the two above), there is no way I'd want to put someone with
billable hours in front of either of them. Perhaps they have improved?
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>