Re: [opensuse] mail from cron ?
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm+suse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:42:21 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2010-07-06 11:36, Dave Howorth wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Check the mail log in any case to be sure.
Doh! I don't know why I hadn't already done that (and thanks to Per for
also suggesting it). It makes things a lot more clear! :)

cron is sending mail for every cron run to root, which is being
redirected to dhoworth on the same machine and is delivered to his/my
local mailbox on that machine (which I don't use). I actually want mail
to root redirected to my real mail address, so I'll need to dig around
in the configuration to discover what I did wrong.

Just put a forward rule on that user so that mail is forwarded where you want
it. For this to work
for outside addresses your machine has to have postfix correctly configured
to be able to send
system email to outside, ie, have a real world name.

Why not use /etc/aliases to define that user or mail address

Togan

< Previous Next >