Re: [opensuse] mail from cron ?
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:36:29 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Check the mail log in any case to be sure.

Doh! I don't know why I hadn't already done that (and thanks to Per for
also suggesting it). It makes things a lot more clear! :)

cron is sending mail for every cron run to root, which is being
redirected to dhoworth on the same machine and is delivered to his/my
local mailbox on that machine (which I don't use). I actually want mail
to root redirected to my real mail address, so I'll need to dig around
in the configuration to discover what I did wrong.

The mail sent for the daily cron jobs includes the output from the
cron.daily.local so at least I've found that. I now just need to arrange
for that output to be produced even when I turn off the email logging
for every cron run.

Cheers, Dave