Re: [opensuse] connecting openSUSE 11.3 and XP
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:41:26 -0400
On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 00:20 +0200, jdd-gmane wrote:
I used to be a samba expert, but 3/4 years ago.
I don't anymore understand it!
I can't make my windows XP computer and my openSUSE box work together
Can somebody give me some hints or link me to a recent doc?

Use the Samba docs, *not* 3rd party docs. The Samba docs are reasonably
current; most others are wrong.

tB: smbd and nmbd runs, I have fusesmb but don't know how to use it
and smb4k don't find anythinh on the net

You installed Samba4? You want Samba 3.4.x probably.

the XP machine sees the linux one, but can't connect (same account
name and pass on the two sides)

Did you create a CIFS account (smbpasswd -a)? You must have a
corresponding Samba account, an NSS account is not sufficient.
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>