Re: [opensuse] mp3 file compare
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 11:11:53 +0200
2010. július 2. 0:43 napon David Haller <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

Hello,

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Suppose you have different mp3s of the same song, some of them are
different in bitrate, quality, ie. in the audio, some of them has the
same audio and only the metadata are different (eg because of they
have the same origin but different users have changed the
metadata). I would like to decide easily if two files like this
differ only in metadata or in audio part as well.

cp file1.mp3 file1.rawmp3
cp file2.mp3 file2.rawmp3
eyeD3 --remove-all file1.rawmp3 file2.rawmp3
cmp file1.rawmp3 file2.rawmp3

Thanks. I thought that would exist some program that could do it directly.

Istvan