Re: [opensuse] Network Manager and WPA/PSK with TKIP
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 15:37:57 -0400
On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 01:44 +0930, Rodney Baker wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 23:54:38 James Knott wrote:
Rodney Baker wrote:
What gui interface to Network Manager are you using?

Whatever one comes with KDE 3.

Yep, that's what I thought. I never used the KDE 3 version but I might have
install it because the KDE 4 one is seriously challenged in this area. It's
handling of switching between multiple wired networks is actually pretty good
(very good in fact - easier than Windows) but it's missing one critical (for
me) wireless feature.

The command line interface cnetworkmanager works for the wireless network but
not for the wired interface. The underlying tool seems to work well now, its
just the interface options for KDE4 that are lacking.

Thanks for your input, James. Very helpful.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
problem:

zypper remove networkmanager-kde4
zypper install networkmanager-gnome
gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor
nm-appet &

The post that I have taken this from says that there is still a problem
getting gnetworkmanager to start on each boot automatically. Maybe
someone has worked that out and can comment on how to get it going in
another post.

Mark