Re: [opensuse] Network Manager and WPA/PSK with TKIP
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 01:44:57 +0930
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 23:54:38 James Knott wrote:
Rodney Baker wrote:
What gui interface to Network Manager are you using?

Whatever one comes with KDE 3.

Yep, that's what I thought. I never used the KDE 3 version but I might have to
install it because the KDE 4 one is seriously challenged in this area. It's
handling of switching between multiple wired networks is actually pretty good
(very good in fact - easier than Windows) but it's missing one critical (for
me) wireless feature.

The command line interface cnetworkmanager works for the wireless network but
not for the wired interface. The underlying tool seems to work well now, its
just the interface options for KDE4 that are lacking.

Thanks for your input, James. Very helpful.