Re: [opensuse] FreeNX server onto 11.2 (SOLVED)
  • From: "A.S." <oliverku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 18:47:08 -0700
On 07/02/2010 03:38 AM, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:

A.S. skrev:

Here's what I have installed:

rpm -qa | grep -i nx

NX-3.2.0-23.1.x86_64
nxclient-3.4.0-7.x86_64
FreeNX-0.7.2-27.1.x86_64

And I have repository:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11: /RemoteDesktop/openSUSE_11.2/

Hi A.S. and thank you!

I got one issue though...that I found and fixed.
The 'nx' user lives in /var/lib/nxserver. The nx-installation programme
gave this directory 700 rights - alas not enough for user 'nx' to enter.
So after one failed install, I modif'ed the rights to 755 and all is now
fine. I could not just change ownership as the nx-install program fixes
this back to root again..

One Q though..how do you list all your configured repos in one go from
the CLI?

Again, thank you!

No prob - that's odd, I've never encountered an error like that. Good
question on listing the repos, surely there must be a way, but I don't
know of one. I normally just Ctrl-Alt-F1 and then run YAST.

- Adam