[opensuse] Putting a folder on everyone's desktop in KDE4
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:36:41 +0200
In KDE3, if I wanted to place a folder with ICONS in every user's
Desktop Folder, I could put it in:

/etc/opt/kde3/share/apps/kdesktop/Desktop

The items here are shown read-only in every user's Desktop folder (of
course only when viewed in KDE, not when viewed in a shell).

I would really like that same functionality in KDE4. I have been looking
through the docs on kde.org and I do not see this sort of thing. A
search for kdesktop returned few hits, and most of those were broken. I
suspect it is because the names of everything seem to be different
between KDE3 and KDE4. So maybe I should be looking for another name.
But which name? (This is one real pain with KDE4...) Maybe this is a
freedesktop.org issue?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST