Re: [opensuse] How to set another resolution on my desktop?
  • From: "arygroup@xxxxxxxxx" <arygroup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 12:54:29 +0300
On 30/06/10 14:53, C. Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Working happily with my 11.3RC1 but ran into a problem with the
resolution and refresh rate. After boot it shows resolution 1024x768
with a refresh rate of 85. This is above the rate from my monitor
supplier. If I change that into 1280x1024 refresh auto it gives a much
better image and gives a rate from 65, well below the manufacturers
info.
I have tried in vain to save this setting but after every reboot it is
the old resolution and refresh rate again.
In former versions I would go to sax and finish the problem. Sax has
gone so what do I next?

Maybe this will help

xrandr -s 1920x1080

I have a shortcut at my desktop with line
konsole -e xrandr -s 1920x1080
to restore my resolution after some wine-windows-games in such a way.