Re: [opensuse] lpadmin -d acts different than expected
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:26:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Jul 1 08:39 Roger Oberholtzer wrote (shortened):
I want to change the default printer queue on an 11.2 system. So, as I
have always done, as root I ran lpadmin -d newQueue. For root, lpstat -a
tells the proper thing. The odd thing is that all other users still have
the old printer as the default. Implying that the default printer is
per-user. I can buy that. Is that the case?

Yes - see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Print_Settings_with_CUPS

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner