[opensuse] lpadmin -d acts different than expected
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 08:39:04 +0200
Sorry if this is already discussed. I did not find anything in the
archives.

I want to change the default printer queue on an 11.2 system. So, as I
have always done, as root I ran lpadmin -d newQueue. For root, lpstat -a
tells the proper thing. The odd thing is that all other users still have
the old printer as the default. Implying that the default printer is
per-user. I can buy that. Is that the case?

So, root's lpstat, yast and the cups web server all claim that newQueue
is the default. But a non-root user gets the old one. Is there some
place where each user can set this up in kde? I searched for 'print' in
KDE's configuration, and got no matches.

Can someone kick me into the 21st century?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB