[opensuse] /sbin/yast2: line 421: 17466 Segmentation fault $ybindir/y2base $module after updates?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:15:02 -0500
Guys,

I need your help to identify the possible package that is now causing
yast to
segfault after yesterday's updates. Generally when yast has gone crazy in the
past, it is a Qt version, but looking at the list, I can't find a package that
fits the crime. The following are the packages installed yesterday:

bespin-icons
ctunnel
dvgrab
ecomorph
ecomp
edvi
elementary-alarm
enterminus
expedite
exquisite
freetype2-32bit
gftp
gftp-common
gftp-common-lang
gftp-text
gpg-pubkey
gtk-engines
john
kde4-style-bespin
kdevelop4
kdevelop4-lang
kdevelop4-plugins-php
kdevelop4-plugins-php-doc
kdevplatform
kdevplatform-lang
libavc1394-0
libdvbpsi5
libiec61883
libkdevplatform0
libquazip1
libupnp3
libvlc5
libvlccore4
libxmmsclient-glib1
libxmmsclient6
lxlauncher
mp4v2
pcre-doc
pcre-tools
showcase
vlc
vlc-devel
vlc-gnome
vlc-noX
vlc-qt
xmms2
xmms2-devel
xmms2-docs
xmms2-perl
xmms2-plugin-base
xmms2-ruby

The only new packages were the vlc player from videolan. Now I can
start yast,
but when I tell it to select repositories, or just in resolving dependencies, it
segfaults with the following:

15:54 alchemy:/home/david # YaST got signal 11 at YCP file
/usr/share/YaST2/clients/inst_packages.ycp:49
/sbin/yast2: line 421: 17466 Segmentation fault $ybindir/y2base $module
"$@" "$SELECTED_GUI" $Y2_GEOMETRY $Y2UI_ARGS

[1]+ Exit 139 yast2 sw_single

What looks suspicious? This is on 11.0. Could the vlc package be the
culprit?
It doesn't sound right, but I'll try removing it. In the mean time, if something
else stands out in the list above, please let me know. Thanks!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC