Re: [opensuse] multiboot: Suse does not find non-Suse distros
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 12:30:16 -0400
On 2010/06/06 17:09 (GMT+0200) C composed:

...there is no argument that anything to do with booting and
configuring Grub is complex, but... I still have yet to see a single
answer to this problem that takes into account the fact that openSUSE
did somehow manage do set up Grub with multiple boot partitions in the
past, and that other Linux Distros still seem to be able to manage it
right now...

Then you must have missed

To elaborate, Grub 2 GA is still not released. Last I checked it was still
betaware at v1.98, which occurred subsequent to 11.2 release. Novell
apparently decided its released to date installation program versions needed
not support it.

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/