Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 11:35:58 -0400
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Sunday 06 June 2010 13:32:29 James Knott wrote:
There are already some ISPs that hand out RFC1918 addresses, rather than
"real" ones.
I hope you meant "still" instead of "already". ISPs handing out private IPv4
addresses have been around for as long as I have been online. For home users,
that has been standard practice in many places

Anders
Where is "many places"? To my knowlege, in North America most users do not get RFC1918 addresses. I can certainly understand it happening in Asia and Europe, where there are not as many IPv4 addresses available.