Re: [opensuse] I did format the wrong partition, help needed ..
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 20:35:28 -0300
On sab, 2010-06-05 at 22:16 +0200, robert@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
hi there,
when reinstalling linux I did reformat the wron partition.
it was formated with ext3 and now ext4.
I am looking for tools to recover the lost data.
mainly emails and such (for the "really" important data I do have a
recent backup)

thanks
robert

Hi Robert,
I think you have not any chances to recover your data from a freshly
formatted partition since when you do a formatting, all data present on
disk are canceled.

What you can is recover the lost information ONLY if you have saved it
on a different media.

I use to never format my /home dir, wherein I have my configs and
personal data.

--
Marco Calistri - http://mcalistri.blogspot.com
openSUSE VERSION = 11.2 2.6.31.12-0.2-desktop

Uptime: 20:29 up 0:06, 1 user, load average: 0,11, 0,54, 0,36