[opensuse] Re: HP computers?
  • From: Jim Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 01:49:20 +0200
HI Lester et al,

On Thursday 03 June 2010 11:01:52 am Google Mail wrote:
Hi Jim,

Disclaimer: I work for HP on the linux.helpcustomers Programme. We try to
help customers regarding Linux on HP products.

Whilst we don't certify or test Linux on any of the consumer Pavilion
range, the Pavilion P6310de looks like a safe bet in terms of hardware
specification. As already noted the things to typically look out for are
the NIC and Graphics Chipset.

You can view a list of products on which we do certify Linux here:
www.hp.com/go/linuxdesktop

Typically we offer Novell SLED on our business notebooks and desktops. In
some ways this gives a good indication of hardware which plays nicely.

Kind Regards,

Lester

I got this box today and plan on setting it up in the morning with SuSE 11.2
64bit and Windows 7 as a dual boot system.

Thanks!

JIM